Who is This Course For?
This Train the Trainer course is aimed at all staff who have responsibility for training their team, including Team Leaders, Seniors and Managers. It sets out the key principles of designing and delivering a training course, which can be enhanced by a further intervention of a subject specific session – allowing the individual to train in-house courses.
The Train the Trainer course provides a clear understanding of the key elements required to plan, design, deliver and evaluate training sessions to meet the targeted needs of both staff and the organisation. It looks at how people learn, how to set SMART targets and strategies for meeting the aims and outcomes utilising a variety of resources and methods. It also explores ways to check that the learning is implemented into working practices and how to encourage ongoing continuous development through reflective practice.
This Train the Trainer course covers:
- The key skills, knowledge and qualities required of an outstanding Trainer
- How to carry out a learning needs analysis
- How people learn – Learning styles
- How to set SMART Targets
- How to design a session taking account of how people learn
- How to deliver a session using the resources available to you
- How to adapt your style to resources available but still meet outcomes of the session
- How to use communications to get your message across – pitch, tone and body language
- How to deal with difficult situations in the classroom
- How to assess Learning
- Evaluation and Reflective practice – how will you know you have achieved your aims and outcome?