Who is This Course For?
The ‘Supervision Training’ course is aimed at all members of the team who have responsibility for carrying out supervision of others, including Seniors, Deputies and Managers.
The course supports delegates in gaining a full understanding of the supervision process, how this fits into the performance management process, and how to conduct supervision in a way that follows company policy. It also provides support in dealing with difficult situations, using tools and techniques to achieve positive collaborative outcomes.
The Supervision course looks specifically at:
- The role of supervision in the performance management process;
- The role of the supervisor and the employeein the process;
- The key skills and expected behavioursin carrying out successful supervision;
- Communication skills, including listening skills and questioning techniques;
- How to carry out an effective supervision and how to identify improvements;
- How to motivate the team and delegate successfully, building on success;
- Confidentiality, feedback and record keeping;
- How to handle the appeals process, supported by the manager;
- Using reflective practice, and continuous professional development to improve supervision.