Who is This Course For?
The Pressure Sores Awareness course is aimed at all staff who have the responsibility to care for and support clients.
This Pressure Sores Awareness course is designed to provide an understanding of the causes of pressure sores, their impact on the client, including strategies to support the healing process. It also looks at the part nutrition and hydration play in the healing process. The course also covers:
- What a pressure ulcer is?
- What causes pressure ulcers to development?
- The main structures and functions of the skin
- How to prevent Pressure Sores
- How to manage pressure ulcers
- The importance of adequate nutrition and hydration in the healing process.