Who is This Course For?
This Medication Awareness course is aimed at all Care Staff who handle and administer medication to Clients as well as those who support them as part of their daily duties.
This Medication Awareness course aims to provide Delegates with the knowledge and skills required to support Clients in the use of medication within the health and social care setting. It looks at the roles and responsibilities of individuals for administering, storing and recording information about the use of medicines, It also looks the legislative requirements, as well as providing guidance on safe administration, storage and disposal of medications. It also looks at the rights of clients. It covers the following elements:
- Recognition the different types of medication.
- Roles and responsibilities in relation to medication administration, storage and record keeping.
- Understanding of the relevant Legislation relating to the use, storage and administration of medication.
- Gain Understanding of the relevant techniques for administering medication.
- Understand the Recording and Reporting procedures, including confidentiality requirements.