Who is this course for?
This programme covers 11 standards and are the first step to first step to equip new and aspiring managers to perform well in their role. They are a versatile tool for:
- new managers – those new to management and those new in post who have previously managed other care services
- existing managers – to use as a benchmark of their own practice and potential learning and development needs, especially if their role has changed over the years
- aspiring managers – to plan an appropriate development programme, increase their understanding of the expectations of a manager role and increase their potential of securing management positions in the future.
Each new manager will need to demonstrate that they know and can meet the standards as they apply to their own working environment.
- Leadership and management
- Governance and regulatory processes
- Relationships and partnership working
- Person-centred practice for positive outcomes
- Professional development, supervision and performance management
- Safeguarding, protection and risk
- Manage self
- Decision making
- Entrepreneurial skills and innovation