Who is This Course For?
This Interview Skills course for Managers is aimed at all staff who have responsibility of recruiting and managing teams. The course supports staff to have a clear understanding of their role in the interview process.
This interview Skills course covers the practical skills required to make sure the recruitment process is productive and focused to the service needs. It covers the different stages of the recruitment process as well as how to conduct an interview effectively to ensure that delegates are able to choose the most appropriate person for the job. Specifically, the course covers:
- Recruitment situation within the sector
- The cost of the recruitment process and its impact on Service users.
- Identifying the causes of poor recruitment
- Strategies for effective recruitment practice
- The stages of recruitment
- How to design a job description and person profile
- Analysing application forms and cv’s
- Techniques for opening the interview
- Interview introduction to the Role-play activity
- How to question the candidate – beginning, middle and closing the interview
- Looking at any concerns identified
- Carrying out the role play
- Interviewing and the law
All our courses are delivered in an environment that supports delegates confidence to fully take part in activities.