Who is This Course For?
This Infection prevention and Control course is aimed at All Staff who have direct or indirect responsibility for the care and support of clients within the Care Sector.
The Infection Prevention and Control Awareness,looks at the causes of infection, the different types of germs and infection associated with Health Care (HCAI). In particular, it looks at the importance of infection prevention, control and management, how these relate to the legal obligations as well as looking at strategies to reduce and prevent the spread of infection. It includes:
- What is Infection and its causes?
- Different types of germs and infection including Health Care Associated Infections(HCAI)
- Why it is important to prevent, control and manage infection.
- Legal requirements relating to infection prevention and control aligned to the 5 Key Lines of Enquiry Inspection Standards.
- Prevention strategies, looking at best practice procedures
- Strategies to reduce and prevent the spread of infection.