Who is This Course For?
The Food Safety course is aimed at All Staff who handle food. In particular, those who have no experience or knowledge of Food Safety.
The Food Safety course provides a basic understanding of food safety and the legislative requirements. In particular, it looks at personal hygiene, the importance and use of appropriate protective clothing, hand washing practices, wound dressing, cleaning and disinfection. It also looks at waste disposal, pest control, reducing contamination of food and temperature control during food preparation, cooking, holding and serving. It also introduces the delegates to the HACCP system of food management.
- Understanding of basic food safety requirements.
- Legislation and codes of practice.
- Personal hygiene and use of personal protective equipment.
- Bacteriology and food poisoning.
- Prevention of contamination of food.
- Cleaning and disinfection.
- HACCP system of food management.