Who is This Course For?
This Demystifying the Inspection process course is aimed all team members who care for and support service users as well as others who work within the Health and Social care Sector, but do not directly support service users.
This Demystifying the Inspection process course provides a clearer understanding of the five Key lines of Enquiries and looks at what is expected of Delegates – their roles and responsibilities in the inspection process. It looks at what inspectors look for, and how to capture the evidence under each of the five headings. Delegates will also understand what inadequate, requires improvement, good and outstanding looks, sounds and feels like, to better engage them in the inspection process.
New ways of working – what is expected of you and your service – roles and responsibilities
- Compliance with the Fundamental Standards of Inspection and KLoE How to ensure you meet the standards expected
- What does poor, good and outstanding service look, feel and sound like
- Maintaining continuous development – to reach a good or an outstanding rating
- How to ensure you clearly understand what is required of you in the inspection process.
- Maintaining continuous development – your individual responsibility