Who is This Course For?
The‘Conducting an Internal Investigation’ course is aimed at staff who are required to carry out internal investigations as part of their job role, including Seniors, Deputies and Managers, including HR staff.
The courseexamines how to conduct an internal investigation, including the collection and assessment of evidence, along with the presentation of the findings. It uses an aide-mémoire approach to ensure that all aspects of the process are carried out in a logical way,whilst taking account of critical factors in a fair, unbiased way.
The course covers:
- The legislative requirements for investigations and the burden of proof;
- The key skills required, including questioning techniques, listening and the assimilation of information;
- The purpose of investigation, and the stages to follow;
- The responsibilities of the employer;
- The rights of the employee;
- The process for calling a ‘Hearing’;
- The question, and role of suspension;
- How to carry out dismissal;
- How to write a report and present findings;
- How to develop and action plan, and how to use your own checklist to support the application of learning.