Who is This Course For?
The Child Protection Awareness course is aimed at anyone who works with children or their families.
The Child Protection Course is suitable for those who have no prior knowledge of safeguarding children or for those who wish to take a refresher course to remind themselves of the important issues surrounding this topic. It covers the following elements:
- Introduction to child protection.
- Key concepts, legislation and guidance.
- Legislation and guidance.
- Recognising child abuse.
- Responding to concerns and making referrals.
- Who to contact when there is a concern.
- Good practice in responding to concerns.