Who is This Course For?
This interactive Appraisal course is aimed at supervisors and managers who have responsibility for managing staff. It is also aimed at any one who wants to better understand the process of Performance Appraisal, so as to become better informed of the process, during the Performance meeting
This Appraisal course aims to provide supervisors and managers with the skills and knowledge to carry out an effective performance appraisal with confidence, allowing for improved performance of the appraisee through discussions and agreed targets. It also provides all staff with an understanding of the Appraisal and Review process, including their roles and responsibilities. The course uses some tools, techniques and templates recommended by Skills for Care.
- What is an Appraisal?
- What is a performance Appraisal?
- The importance of a Performance Appraisal
- The benefits of an effective Performance Appraisal
- Key skills and knowledge required to carry out a Performance Appraisal
- How to carry out Performance Appraisal meetings.
- How to provide constructive and motivational feedback.
- How to support Appraisee to improve performance by jointly agreeing and setting SMART targets.
- Policies and Procedures